Title: Explore the unseen Odisha with Orissa Tourism
Odisha, formerly known as Orissa is a state of India. It is based in the eastern part of India. Odisha is a land of beauty, culture, tradition, and many more. The capital of Odisha is Bhubaneswar located in the vicinity of the city’s historical temples. The state covers an area of 1,55,707 square kilometers, it offers hilly terrain to coastal plains, rolling valleys, lush green, crises crossed by the Brahmani, the Mahanadi and Kathajodi rivers. The state has the most ancient history spanning for several centuries, the region of Odisha has become one of the most popular destinations for tourists, pilgrimage, and archaeologist.
Brief history of Odisha:
- Odisha is known for its stunning architecture, history, art, music, dialects, and dance forms all these elements have made Odisha an ever vivacious state of India. When we further researched on Odisha we found that the name Odisha is derived from Sanskrit word ‘Odra Vishaya’ or ‘Odra Desa’. The ancient province of “Odra Desa” was limited to the valley of the Mahanadi and the lower case of the Subarnarekha River.
- The Odisha state was a land that once belonged to the Kings and Kingdoms. It is now a land that is rich in resources. Many national and international tourists, historians, and travelers are attracted to the ancient culture, tradition, people, religion, classical dance, handcrafted handlooms, religion, fair and festivals. There are several rock caves, green woodlands, beautiful blue hills that have a history of ages.
- Odisha has always been an important topic for researchers, historians, scholars because of its rich history, revolutionary freedom movements, monuments, and spellbinding sculptured temples. Odisha people live a peaceful life because their life is less complicated, laid back than most people’s life who choose to live in metropolitan cities. From all the hustle and bustle of metropolitan states, Odisha stands out and becomes a center of peace, comfort, and relief.
However, people of Odisha are highly efficient they have mastered many professional skills such as engineering, medical science, scientist, handcrafted skills, and many more.
- Odisha is a state known for its peaceful and progressive culture. Whether we discuss about the temples of the capital city Bhubaneswar, the Dhauligiri (known as the Buddhist Shanti Stupa), or the exotic migrated birds at Chilika lake ( Asia’s largest brackish water lagoon). Odisha will surprise you with many of its outstanding beauty. Odisha is a state where you will fall in love and will keep re-visiting.
- Taking a look at the infrastructure, many people are unaware of Odisha’s development. However, we throw some light on this, Odisha is a well-developed state that is proficient in physical, social, and industrial infrastructure. The State government has undertaken several projects to promote the overall development and make Odisha one of the self-efficient states. The state’s infrastructure includes an international airport, well-connected roads, railway networks, ports, power, and telecom. Our recent research projects Odisha is one of best-known state, and have been awarded as the cleanest and the smartest city of India.
- The Chief Minister of Odisha Mr.Naveen Pattnaik has ruled over 20 years and has gained name and fame through his constant work, quality, and legacy on the development of Odisha. He has recently been voted as one of the most popular Chief Minister from Odisha. Odisha has a population of 4.2 Crores are well-maintained, and well-organized living a fruitful life.
Now, we bring you the important factors that are focussed on why Odisha has the maximum tourist.
- Architecture: The glory and magnificence of Odisha’s architecture is well-exhibited in its temple. These structures were built by the historical artist the Aryans. Most of them are considered to be the finest work and gained enormous popularity within India and worldwide. Now, when we discuss the Lingaraj Temple of Bhubaneswar that was constructed during the 11th Century by the King Jajati Keshari that is 180-feet tall built-in red stones is a classic example of Kalinga style temple. Next, we will discuss the world-famous temple that doesn’t need an introduction. The Sri Jagannath Temple of Puri. It was build during the 12th Century by the King Indradyumna. It is one of the Char Dham pilgrimage sites in India that one must visit in a lifetime. Lastly, the illustrious Sun Temple of Konark build during the 13th Century by the King Narasimha deva I, the Sun Temple is famous for its exquisite stone carving that covers the entire structure and also this Hindu Temple is devoted to the Sun God.
- Art Culture: Odisha is an urban-talented state with multiple talents. Among many, we have listed a few popular ones. The best-known painting Pattachitra (cloth painting) started in 5th Century BC. If we break down the word then ‘Patta’ means cloth and ‘Chitra’ means painting. The theme of the painting typically revolves around Sri Jaganath and Radha Krishna painting. These paintings have created a rage among the buyers. Next is the Rock painting during the reign of Ashoka the Great, the Buddhist sculptural art gradually changed the degree of Odisha’s artistic flair. The caves such as Ratnagiri, Udayagiri, and Lalitgiri are fine examples of sculptural art. Other popular works are the Applique work originated from Pipili. This popular art form is mostly famous among the tourist and almost everyone in Odisha has this hanging on their wall.
- Music and Dance: Odisha is predominately a land of tribes and each tribe has its unique song and style of dance. Odissi music is popular among the Indian classical music. Odissi dance was originally performed by Devadasis. It is the closest resemblance to temple culture than any other existing dance form. Typically, it depicts the divine love between Radha and Krishna. These songs on which the Odissi dance is performed were written by the famous poet Sri.Jayadev. The dance constitutes symbolic consumes, gestures (mudras), expression (abhinaya), mythical stories presented most gracefully. Another, tribal martial dance is the Chhau, that is originated in Mayurbhanj. Witnessing this dance is a lifetime achievement. This dance form is performed by two groups armed with sword and shield attacking and defending themselves.
Orissa tourism aims at bringing you every single detail that will encourage you to visit this Godly land that is the beautiful Odisha. We believe this will be your once in a life-time journey. We promise you will love to explore the unseen beauty of Odisha.